Vehicle Registration Auto Renew Service
(Updated as of March 14, 2018) Terms & Conditions
In requesting or using the Vehicle Registration Auto Renew Service (the “Service”), you as an Alberta Motor Association (“AMA”) member (a “Member”) agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The Service is available to AMA members only and the Member must maintain an active AMA membership to continue to receive the Service. AMA reserves the right to discontinue the Service, without warning or notice, to any persons who are not AMA members.
- The Member understands and is solely responsible if one or more of the following occurs that results in the Service failing to renew a vehicle registration:
a) The address of the motor vehicle registration being enrolled for the Service is not the same as the address of the Member who requests the Service;
b) The Member’s residential address changes and the Member does not promptly visit an AMA Registries office in person to provide notification of this change so that they may continue to receive the Service;
c) The details of the Member’s registered motor vehicle change, or if the Member purchases or acquires a new vehicle (which the Member wishes to enroll in the Service) and the Member does not promptly update the relevant registration details in person at an AMA Registries office. In addition, any and all changes required to be made to a vehicle registration must be made before the Service may be used or continued to be used;
d) The credit card information provided to AMA to pay for the Service is no longer valid, and the Member fails to notify AMA promptly of this change; and
e) The Member has any outstanding traffic ticket fines, reinstatement fees pertaining to a suspension of driver’s licence, Maintenance Enforcement Program arrears, or any other outstanding account balance on the Member’s Motor Vehicles file.
- The Member will notify the AMA if the Member sells or otherwise no longer owns the motor vehicle registered for this Service. Failure to do so may result in the Member’s credit card being charged for the Service for that Vehicle.
- By utilizing the Service, the Member hereby agrees to the terms of AMA’s Stored Payment Card Policy
- The Service is provided for the Member’s convenience and it remains the exclusive responsibility of the Member to ensure that all details about the motor vehicle registration remains current.
- Member agrees that AMA has no liability whatsoever in respect to the Service and AMA does not warrant the Service will provide, or guarantee, renewal of the Member’s vehicle registration. It remains the exclusive responsibility of the Member to confirm and ensure that the motor vehicle registration is renewed and current.
- AMA utilizes Canada Post regular mail as part of the Service, for example to send to the Member vehicle registration documents. AMA does not warrant or guarantee services provided by Canada Post, nor delivery times, are reliable or guaranteed.
- The Member is responsible to notify AMA if they do not receive their registration documents within 14 days of receipt and confirmation by e-mail that the documents have been sent. AMA will at its sole discretion, either request the Member to come into the nearest AMA Registries location to obtain a copy of the registration documents or make alternative arrangements.
- The Member can opt out of the Service at any time by notifying AMA.
- AMA retains the right to cancel the Service at any time, without any notice to AMA members or the general public.