AMA Stored Payment Card Policy (the “Policy”)
Some of the product and services (the “Services”) offered by the Alberta Motor Association or its subsidiaries (collectively “AMA”) require our members (referred to herein as “you” and “your”) to provide AMA with current and valid credit card information (“Card Info”), which AMA will use from time to time upon your request.
By providing AMA with your Card Info, you agree to the following:
- You consent to your Card Info being held by AMA and used to purchase Services you request from AMA from time to time or for payments as scheduled by you.
- You understand that you will be asked to provide your complete credit card information, including the CVV number. You may log into your AMA Account from time to time to see a truncated version of the Card Info you have provided to AMA.
- You must provide AMA with current and valid Card Info at all times or else you may not receive the Service that you have requested.
- For the Services you have requested, you will be informed as to when your Card Info will be used and whether transactions using your Card Info will be:
- An instalment payment where you purchase one Service, but pay for it through multiple credit card charges (i.e. monthly payment for a one-year insurance policy);
- Recurring charge, where on a regular basis you will be charged for the new purchase of a product or service (i.e. AMA’s vehicle registration auto-renew); or
- A transaction initiated by you using your Card Info (i.e. reload your Esso card).
- When not used, your Card Info is kept in digital form and securely stored using Moneris Vault provided by Moneris Solutions, Inc. a trusted provider of credit card transaction services.
- You will be notified by email of the transactions (other than installment payments) which used your Card Info and transactions will also be shown on your AMA online account. It is important that you keep your email address up to date in your AMA online account.
- Should this Policy change, updates will be reflected on this page and AMA will make reasonable efforts to notify you that a new version has been posted. However, you are advised to also check this page from time to time for updates to the Policy.
- You may update your Card Info through your AMA online account. You may also remove your Card Info from your AMA online account at any time, but you understand that you will have to provide payment information for each future purchase of a Service.
Last Updated March 25, 2018.