AMA Membership General Terms & Conditions
Here’s some general terms and conditions at a glance (so you’re not surprised) about your annual AMA membership fees, coverage, and benefits.
- Monthly payment plan is subject to a $1.00/month service fee.
- All new Primary members pay a one-time $20 registration fee.
- Yearly prices do not include GST.
- Pricing and product offerings are subject to change or be discontinued without notice.
- All online memberships are automatically signed up for ebill. Members can manage their billing preferences in their AMA Online account.
- Membership dues also include a $5.95 non-deductible subscription to Westworld magazine.
Roadside Assistance Service
- The Basic towing coverage includes 5 km in any direction from point of breakdown or collision or back to the nearest service provider’s base.
- CAA Plus, CAA Plus RV, CAA Premier, and CAA Premier RV cannot be purchased to cover pre-existing conditions relating to towing, fuel delivery, winching, or lock-smithing needs known prior to purchase of membership.
- There is a $40 Instant Use fee for new members requiring immediate roadside assistance including towing, fuel delivery, tire change, boosts, winching and locksmithing. Trip collision reimbursement is not available at time of purchase. The Instant Use fee will be collected at time of service request and members will receive Basic level entitlements regardless of the level purchased.
- Plus RV and Premier RV coverage for campers/motorhomes will be provided services under Basic and CAA Plus, except for towing, winching and tire service.
- Free battery installation applies only with the purchase of a CAA Battery.
- Trip Collision Reimbursement, Trip Interruption Protection and worldwide concierge, travel and medical assistance is available if more than 160 km away from home.
- The $500 Vehicle Return reimbursement is part of the $2000 Trip Interruption Protection annual limit.
- 2-day complimentary rental car is offered to Premier and Premier RV members who are within 160 km from home for mechanical breakdown. Learn More About Trip Interruption and Vehicle Return Coverage
- Free passport photos are available for Plus and Premier members (1 set per year) and Basic members have access to passport photos at special member rates.
- Extra members must be family living at the same address as the Primary member.
- Kids Go Free members share the calls of the Primary member and are not eligible for Trip Collision Reimbursement or Trip Interruption Protection.
Get More Information
- Additional details and restrictions may apply to the above information.
- Refer to your member handbook for AMA Roadside Assistance, Trip Collision Reimbursement, Trip Interruption Protection and Travel Accident Insurance for complete details and information.
- Your Group Personal Accident Insurance Policy document is also included with your member handbook for your reference.