What Is a Mastercard Cash Passport™?
Due to evolving technology and reduced demand from members, MasterCard Cash Passports will no longer be available for purchase at AMA centres effective January 31, 2017. If you still have a Cash Passport, don’t worry. You can continue using it until the balance is depleted.
The good news is that there are lots of other payment options you can consider when planning your next trip:
- Your debit or credit card. They’ve become more common and easier to use abroad, and with online banking, you can monitor your transactions and balance.
- Preloaded Visa or MasterCard gift cards. These gift cards are available in many denominations. Some banks also offer different types of prepaid reloadable cards.
- Foreign currency at AMA centres. We carry US Dollars, British Pounds, Euro, Australian Dollars and Mexican Pesos at all of our AMA centres. Members can order other currencies for a small fee with some advanced notice.
- Ordering travellers cheques through a major bank. Even though we won’t be carrying travellers cheques at AMA, you can still get them at major banks.
If you have any questions about MasterCard Cash Passports, call us toll-free at 1-888-799-1522 or come in to your nearest AMA centre.
The MasterCard Cash Passport™ is a chip- and PIN-protected reloadable prepaid card that is a smarter and more convenient way to carry your spending money with you while travelling.This card can be used to withdraw cash at MasterCard ATMs and merchants worldwide who accept MasterCard.
Highlights of the MasterCard Cash Passport™:
- Available in four currencies – Canadian dollar, U.S. dollar, Euro and Pounds Sterling
- 24 hour instant access to cash in local currency*
- Accepted at millions of ATMs and merchants worldwide. MasterCard has a presence in 210 countries and territories
- Can be used for online and mail-order purchases
- FREE secondary and additional cards (subject to terms and conditions)
- 24-hour free access to account information via the Internet
- 24-hour access to customer support and account information by telephone
- FREE card replacement for lost or stolen cards
- Funds will be replaced if the card is lost or stolen (subject to terms and conditions)
- Minimum load and re-load is $200 CAD, $200 USD, €150 EUR or £125
- Unlimited reloads, with a maximum load of $7,200 CAD, $10,000 USD, €6,000 EUR or £4,500 per reload
- Instant issue at all CAA participating centres
- Cash over the counter available at banks and participating merchants
- Cash over the counter available from AMA (maximum $100), if cashing out a card
* Some cash machines have a limit to the amount of cash which can be withdrawn daily.