How Do I Order a Veteran’s Licence Plate?
Show your military pride with a veteran’s licence plate – it’s a great way to let others know of the time you dedicated in the armed forces.
You can request a veteran’s licence plate in three easy steps:
- Submit your Application for a Veteran’s Licence Plate form (pdf) to the Alberta-NWT Command of the Royal Canadian Legion.
- Receive your approved application in the mail.
- Visit any AMA centre to purchase your veteran’s licence plate and bring the following with you:
- AMA membership card
- Approved application form
- Government-issued photo ID
- Proof of vehicle ownership
- Valid insurance (pink slip)
If you have questions about the approval process, contact Alberta-NWT Command at 403-284-1161.
- Exchange existing plate for veteran’s licence plate – $22.45
- Exchange licence plate for veteran’s licence plate and one-year vehicle registration renewal – $84.45
- Exchange motorcycle plate for veteran’s licence plate and one-year registration renewal – $54.45