How Do I Order a Veteran's Licence Plate?

Show your military pride with a veteran’s licence plate – it’s a great way to let others know of the time you dedicated in the armed forces.

You can request a veteran’s licence plate in three easy steps:

  1. Submit your Application for a Veteran’s Licence Plate form (pdf) to the Alberta-NWT Command of the Royal Canadian Legion.
  2. Receive your approved application in the mail.
  3. Visit any AMA centre to purchase your veteran’s licence plate and bring the following with you:
    • AMA membership card
    • Approved application form
    • Government-issued photo ID
    • Proof of vehicle ownership
    • Valid insurance (pink slip)

If you have questions about the approval process, contact Alberta-NWT Command at 403-284-1161.

  • Exchange existing plate for veteran’s licence plate – $22.45
  • Exchange licence plate for veteran’s licence plate and one-year vehicle registration renewal – $84.45
  • Exchange motorcycle plate for veteran’s licence plate and one-year registration renewal – $54.45

Find a Centre | Sign-up for a Vehicle Registration Renewal Email Reminder