What Should I Bring to Get Non-Driver Photo ID?

Driver’s licences are often used for things other than driving a vehicle — they’re a convenient form of identification while travelling within Canada, or opening a bank account, for example.

Government-issued ID cards are for Alberta residents over the age of 12 who do not (or cannot) hold a valid driver’s licence. Come to any AMA centre to get your photo ID card, and make sure you bring:


  • Government photo ID card (five years or prorated for term issued) – $49.45
  • Government photo ID card renewal (five years or prorated for term issued) – $49.45
  • Replacement ID card (lost, stolen, damaged, or destroyed) – $22.45
  • Address or name change (ID card replacement) – $22.45

Find an AMA Centre