What Should I Bring to Renew My Vehicle Registration?
Here’s an interesting, not-very-well-known-fact: you don’t have to wait to receive your renewal notice in the mail to renew your vehicle registration.
You can renew at any time and beat the rush by coming into one of our AMA centres today. And don’t worry if you come in early – you are still only paying for the year from your expiry date.
When you come in to renew your registration, make sure you have:
- One government of Alberta acceptable photo ID or support document.
- Your previous vehicle registration, or licence plate number.
- Proof of valid Alberta liability insurance (pink card in the name(s) to appear on the vehicle registration.
You can also renew online.
Note – when using the online renewal, the province system shuts down their system for maintenance:
- Monday-Saturday 9:55 p.m. to 10:15 p.m.
- Sundays 6:55 a.m. to noon