How To Shut Down a Corporation

If you have decided to no longer do business in Alberta, or extra-provincially, and have decided to close the corporation, you need to finalize the process.

Once you have disbursed all of your properties and cleared up your liabilities, complete the Articles of Dissolution form (pdf). For information on the choices facing you as you close a corporation, see the Government of Canada’s closing or selling your business – a succession plan info guide.

Fax or email the completed form to us, or come into any AMA centre to have it processed in person (fees apply).

Let us Help You With the Paperwork

Our professional certified registry agents will work with you and your schedule.

Choose how you’d like to complete your transaction:

When changing a corporate record with us by fax or email, in addition to sending us your completed form, include a photocopy of your personal identification and required credit card authorization.

Please note:

  • Our Corporate Registry services are a member-only service, so make sure you’re in good standing (that means no overdue membership fees) with the AMA, CAA, or AAA.
  • A certified registry agent may provide assistance only — the role of the agent does not include providing legal advice. We recommend that you consult a lawyer licensed to practice law in Alberta on all matters having to do with the regulations of documents in the corporate registry.