How To Shut Down a Business

Have you decided to shut your doors for the final time?

When an individual (trade name) or partnership no longer carries on business under a particular name, or they wish to inactivate the business name, they must submit notification that indicates the business has ceased and no longer carries on under that business name.

To do this service, complete one of the following forms, depending on your needs:

*The dissolution of a partnership may be applied for by any partner; only one signature is required to dissolve the business name.

Let Us Help You With the Paperwork

Our professional certified registry agents will work with you and your schedule.

Choose how you’d like to complete your transaction:

When changing a corporate record with us by fax or email, in addition to sending us your completed form, include a photocopy of your personal identification and required credit card authorization.

Please note:

  • Our Corporate Registry services are a member-only service, so make sure you’re in good standing (that means no overdue membership fees) with the AMA, CAA, or AAA.
  • A certified registry agent may provide assistance only — the role of the agent does not include providing legal advice. We recommend that you consult a lawyer licensed to practice law in Alberta on all matters having to do with the regulations of documents in the corporate registry.