To keep your business current, file your annual return by the last day of the month following the anniversary of the registration month.
For example: If your corporation was registered in April, you should file your return by May 31.
When filing your annual return, you just need:
- One piece of identification.
- Your AMA membership card.
- An Annual Return form (pdf). You will receive a copy of this form from Corporate Registries to remind you to file your annual return. If you’ve already received this form by mail, you do not need to download our form.
Why You Need to File an Annual Return
As a business owner, filing an annual return is one of your most important administrative duties because it keeps your corporate information current with Alberta Corporate Registries. And just like your income taxes, you need to file your annual return each year too. Failing to do so could result in the corporation being struck from the register.
Let Us Help You With the Paperwork
Our professional certified registry agents will work with you and your schedule.
Choose how you’d like to file your annual return paperwork:
- Phone: 1-866-989-6370
- Fax: 1-855-333-6378 (within Canada and USA)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-person: Find an AMA centre near you. Only one incorporator needs to come in to file the incorporation – so feel free to send a director, shareholder, or designated agent of the corporation.
When filing your annual return with us by fax or email, in addition to sending us your completed form, include a photocopy of your personal identification and required credit card authorization.
- Our Corporate Registry services are a member-only service, so make sure you’re in good standing (that means no overdue membership fees) with the AMA, CAA, or AAA.
- A certified registry agent may provide assistance only — the role of the agent does not include providing legal advice. We recommend that you consult a lawyer licensed to practice law in Alberta on all matters having to do with the regulations of documents in the corporate registry.