I've Just Moved to Alberta. How Do I Get Home, Condo, and Renters Insurance in Alberta?

Welcome to Alberta, from all of us at AMA Insurance!

For the best rates on your home insurance, a letter of experience from your prior home insurer is recommended. This allows you to take advantage of claims-free discounts available through most insurers (including us).

There are no out-of-country restrictions on this letter, so overseas letters of experience are treated and recognized the same as Canadian letters, as long as they meet the guidelines listed below. The letter must:

  • be on the company letterhead
  • be typed in English
  • be signed by an authorized representative of the company
  • provide policy number and length of term insured with the company

We hope your move to Alberta is problem-free. Please feel free to contact us if you have additional questions.

Learn how to register an out-of province vehicle in Alberta