Events Liability Insurance is a short-term liability insurance that can help protect against the unexpected. It covers you if:
- There is damage to the venue or property, and you are found legally responsible.
- Someone is injured at your family reunion, fundraiser, wedding or other special occasion, and you are found legally responsible.
- AMA can also provide hole-in-one insurance coverage for your golf tournaments.
Contact us to see if your event can be covered. And if alcohol is being served, please have a valid liquor licence ready when you come to see us.
Call us at 1-800-615-5897 to get an Events Liability Insurance quote, or visit us at a centre.
Types of Events
AMA Insurance offers short-term general liability insurance for all types of events, such as:
And much more!
You can customize this insurance to make sure it’s perfect for your event. Options including:
- Limits of liability up to $5 million
- Liquor liability
- Medical expense coverage
- Non-owned automobile coverage
Weddings are already expensive enough without being on the hook for millions of dollars if you’re found legally responsible for any damages or injuries that happen during your special-day. Getting Events and Liability Insurance will give you one less thing to worry about.
Wedding Event Tips
- You’ll want to get coverage no sooner than a month before the event, but don’t leave it until the last minute either. Getting your insurance policy two or three weeks before the big day is perfect.
- If you’re serving alcohol, make sure you already have your liquor licence on hand when you speak with us. We cover open bar and pay bars, but we cannot cover BYOB events. You can buy a liquor licence at most liquor stores.
- Make sure to have as much info about the event as possible. Find out if the hall/venue you’re at wants to be listed as an additional named insured. Your venue agreement should outline what your specific insurance and liability responsibilities are.
- Consider other wedding-related chores AMA can help you with, such as booking your honeymoon, getting travel insurance, adding riders to your home insurance to cover your rings, and adjusting your life and disability policies. See more of our wedding services or book an appointment!
Please note: Event Liability Insurance is strongly recommended for your wedding because it covers pretty serious situations like someone getting badly injured. But, it is not the same as “wedding insurance,” which covers your financial investment, such as your photographer cancelling and having to book another one last minute for triple the price. AMA does not currently offer that type of coverage.
Have questions? Call us at 1-800-615-5897 to get an Events Liability Insurance quote or for more information. You can also visit us at a centre.