Online Vehicle Renewal 

If your last name starts with M (not Me) or Q, renew your vehicle registration online before February 15 to get your stickers in the mail and avoid end-of-the-month lineups. You’ll need to visit a centre to renew business, farm, off-highway, and commercial vehicles.

Renew Vehicle Registration Online

Vehicle Renewal Reminder 

Wondering when to renew your vehicle registration each year? Sign up for an email reminder and let AMA do the remembering for you. We’ll send you an email reminder at the beginning of your renewal month that your vehicle registration will expire in 30 days.

Sign-up for the Email Reminder

Pay Your Fines Online

You were driving fast; now you can pay your fine online even faster. Grab your ticket and your AMA membership to pay your traffic violations and speeding tickets online up to and including the due date without getting charged the late fee.

Pay a Fine Online

Vehicle Searches

Don’t get stuck making lemonade. A vehicle history search, such as CARFAXCarProof VERIFIED, or Alberta Vehicle Information Report helps protect you when buying a used car, by telling you if the vehicle has been previously reported stolen, written off, or involved in a collision.

How to Request a Lien Search Buying and Selling Cars More About Vehicle History Searches  

Register and Renew a Vehicle in Alberta

For information on registering and renewing your vehicle, follow the links below. If you’re registering an out-of-province vehicle in Alberta, you’ll need to make sure it’s inspected and safe to drive by Alberta Transportation standards first.

If You Need Help, Please Call 1-866-989-6370

Vehicles You Can Renew Online What to Bring With You Out of Province Vehicles  

Pay a Fine In Centre

It happens to the best of us — you get caught going over the speed limit, or your meter runs out and you come back to find a parking ticket stuck to your windshield. Now, you can pay that ticket at any AMA centre. When you come in, remember to bring your original violation ticket and a piece of Government of Alberta approved photo ID or support document, listed below.

Find an AMA Centre Government Approved Identification Pay a Fine Online  

Driver's Licences & Photo ID

When you take care of your car, you keep it running well so it’s ready to get you where you want to go. Do the same with your driver’s licence so you don’t get stuck at home.

Renewing Your Licence

Keep your driver’s licence current by coming into any AMA centre and renewing it before its expiry date.

Find out what you need to bring to renew your driver’s licence

Driver’s Abstracts

And if the status of your driving record has you worried purchase a driving abstract and see the current status of your driver’s licence – along with any demerit points and suspensions you’ve received in the past three, five, or ten years.

Find out what you need to bring to purchase a driver’s abstract

International Driving Permits (IDP)

If you travel a lot, why not convert your Canadian driver’s licence into a universal driving classification by applying for an International Driving Permit (IDP). Having an IDP allows you to drive in another country without further tests or applications.

Learn more about IDP

Find an AMA Centre  

Alberta Organ and Tissue Donation

Thinking of joining Alberta’s Organ and Tissue Donation Registry? Choosing to become an organ and tissue donor is a big decision, one that can have a big impact on the lives of the more than 500 Albertans awaiting an organ or tissue transplant. Our family is looking out for your family. Consider joining the donation registry the next time you come into any one of our AMA centres, and help give the gift of life.

Alberta's Organ Donation Registry What to Bring to Your Renew Driver's Licence  

Photo ID for Non Drivers

If you need photo ID but don’t have a driver’s licence, consider a government-issued photo ID card, which can be used for everything from travelling within Canada to opening a bank account (just don’t try to drive a vehicle with it). Government-issued ID cards are for Alberta residents over the age of 12 who do not (or cannot) hold a valid driver’s licence.

Call 1-866-989-6370 for Assistance or More Information

Find out what you need to bring to purchase photo ID  

Personalized & Veteran's Licence Plates

Do you have a nickname or business name you’d like to share? Like the idea of challenging people at red lights with figuring out your message? Or maybe you’d prefer to let others know how proud you are of your time spent in the military.

Customize your car or truck with a personalized licence plate or veteran’s licence plate.

How to Order a Personalized Plate How to Order a Veteran's Plate Find a Centre  

Support our Troops Licence Plates

Show your respect and appreciation for Canada’s brave service men and women by purchasing a Support our Troops licence plate. Sales of the plates go towards the Support our Troops Program, which is administered by Canadian Forces Morale and Welfare Services.

For a one-time fee of $84.45, with $55 of that going to the charity, you can join AMA in honouring our members, and their families, who have served and are continuing to serve in the military.

Support our Troops Plate Find a Centre