The life of a computer isn’t easy. But at AMA, our machines enjoy a beautiful afterlife thanks to an evergreening program ...
Senior Driver In-vehicle Evaluation
Our in-vehicle evaluation for senior drivers helps you stay on the road for as long and as safely as possible, by evaluating your driving skills on specially designed routes in Edmonton, Calgary, Red Deer, Lethbridge, or Medicine Hat. The results of your evaluation can help you remain safe and confident behind the wheel, and all results gathered by AMA are confidential, under Alberta’s Personal Information Protection Act.
Call 1-800-642-3810 or stop by any AMA centre for more information.
- Mature Driver Course focuses on the changes and new technologies in driving.
- Brush-up Lessons are personalized training sessions customized for you.
- RV Smart Driving course developing and strengthening your RV driving skills.
Driving Resources and Tips
- Use the tools provided on CAA’s Senior Driving website to assess your fitness to drive under different conditions, to help you feel confident staying behind the wheel or help you modify your driving habits if needed.
- Start planning your retirement. Use the Transportation Cost worksheet (PDF) and Getting There worksheet (PDF) to help you plan ahead.
- Use this online tool to assess your driving. Drivers 65 Plus – Check Your Own Performance (PDF).
- Written client report and recommendation for next steps
- Confidential review of the in-vehicle evaluation
- 45 minute in-vehicle drive evaluated by a specially trained instructor
- Vision test
- Senior driver questionnaire
$179 AMA Members Plus Taxes & Fees | $229 Non-Members Plus Taxes & Fees
Course Type(s): In-vehicle
Student Type(s): Mature Drivers
Duration: 2.5 hr(s)