Three’s company when it comes to a great date night with you, your sweetheart, and your AMA membership card. Below, you’ll find fun and affordable ideas that will keep you in the black while painting the town red.
Things To Do
- Dinner Theatre – Can’t choose between dinner and a show? Do both! A visit to Jubilations Dinner Theatre includes a three-act musical performance paired with four-course tableside service. AMA members save more than $20 per admission by purchasing ticket vouchers at any AMA centre. Now the only choice left to make is when you’ll go.
- Escape Rooms – It’s not every day you can put your relationship to the test – at least, not without assembling a lot of IKEA furniture together. That’s probably why escape rooms, with their emphasis on teamwork, have become a popular couples’ pursuit. The Locked Room in Calgary features 12 unique scenarios, including a hipster hangover and a cannibal kidnapping, that can be played by up to 10 people. It’s the perfect group experience, and the most collaborative date you can have without an Allen key! AMA members save 15% on online escape room bookings at The Locked Room.
- Animal Instincts – Show your partner you’re wild about them with a trip to the Edmonton or Calgary zoos. The meandering walking trails and picturesque scenery set the perfect mood for romance, while the animals provide adorable ice-breakers: did you know, for instance, that otters hold hands to avoid losing each other while asleep? Awww! AMA members save 20% on regular admission at the Calgary Zoo, and 10% on admission at the Edmonton Valley Zoo.
- Racing Hearts – Not one to take things slow? A date night at Castrol Raceway is for you. Just a short drive south of Edmonton, the track hosts a variety of spectator-friendly speed events throughout the summer. AMA members save 10% on admission, so grab your sweetie and put your relationship on the fast track.
- Movie Night – Ok, so it’s a little obvious. But between the darkened room, great entertainment, and butterfly-inducing moments when hands meet inside the popcorn bag, there’s a reason movie dates are timeless. Discounted Cineplex and Landmark tickets and package deals are available at AMA Centres.
Where To Eat
- Pub Night – When fine dining looks like you’re trying too hard, but fast food looks like you aren’t trying hard enough, a cozy pub is the answer. Hit up Hudsons Canada’s Pub to enjoy mouth-watering food, a chill vibe, and a 15% AMA member discount on your bill. Don’t forget to save room for the maple bacon donuts. You can also save at Craft Beer Market. Get a free appetizer with the purchase of two entrées.
- Ultimate Dining Card – If your food game is about playing the field versus monogamy, a reloadable Ultimate Dining Card from AMA is the way to go. Rather than committing to one restaurant, you can choose from Swiss Chalet, Milestones, East Side Mario’s, Montana’s, Kelsey’s, Fionn MacCool’s and others. Earn reward dollars when you buy the card, and earn brownie points when you let your partner pick your dinner destination.
- Ice Cream Date – Ride the coattails of nostalgia with a trip for ice cream, everyone’s favourite childhood treat. At Marble Slab Creamery – where your AMA card scores you 15% off – make your ice cream as unique as your relationship, with toppings that include fresh fruit, nuts, candies and even baked goods. There’s nothing vanilla about that.
What To Bring
Flowers – Nothing sets the tone for romance like beautiful blooms. And thanks to AMARewards’ many floral partners, there’s no need to break the bank on a bouquet.