Headlights are an important safety feature year-round in your vehicle so you can see what’s ahead on the road and be visible to other drivers. When winter comes around, it gets dark early so you want to make sure your headlights are working properly and ready for winter driving conditions.
- Turn your headlights on and test both high and low beams to see if they are working properly.
- Check for condensation inside the headlight housing. If there is condensation, chances are you have a leak, and over time your headlights will fail.
- Headlights will get dimmer over time and can usually lose 15% – 20% over a life span of 4 -5 years.
- You can switch to premium lightbulbs which can be quite a bit brighter than conventional bulbs, but do cost more.
- Headlight cases that are hazy can be cleaned up with a headlight restoration kit.