Your car’s battery takes on some serious challenges to get you where you need to go. To put it simply, without a working battery, you don’t have a working vehicle. These tips will help you get the most life out of your car battery.
Good-to-know Battery Tips
- If you observe any corrosion on your vehicle’s battery, call AMA to have it looked at.
- Most modern batteries will last 3-5 years in Alberta’s climate.
- If your battery has lost its charge but is in good working condition otherwise, it needs a boost. You can do that by boosting off another vehicle or calling AMA Roadside Assistance.
- If your battery just won’t keep a charge, it may be time for a new battery.
- Use a block heater when the temperature drops below -15 to help it start your vehicle.