Insurance Payment Options
We offer several insurance payment plan options, so you can pick the payment plan that works best for you.
Full Insurance Payment
You pay your entire insurance premium at once. For new policies, full payment is due by the policy effective date. For policy renewals, full payment is due one business day before the renewal date.
Two-Pay Insurance Payments
You pay your insurance premium in two installments.
For a 6-month policy: the first installment, 50% of the premium plus a $5 administration fee, is due by the policy effective date. The second installment, the remaining 50% plus a $5 administration fee, is due 45 days after the policy effective date.
For a 12-month policy: the first installment, 50% of the premium plus a $10 administration fee, is due by the policy effective date. The second installment, the remaining 50% plus a $10 administration fee, is due 90 days after the policy effective date.
If you make changes to your policies, any increase to the premium will be added to the second installment if it has not been paid yet. Otherwise payment for any additional premium is due immediately.
Monthly Withdrawal Insurance Payments
Pay your insurance premium on a monthly basis. Your premium is divided equally over your policy term, and installments are automatically withdrawn from your bank account each month. The monthly amount is calculated by taking your premium, plus a 4% administration fee, and dividing that amount by the number of months in your policy term. If you choose this payment option, a down payment of two months’ premium is required.
You will need to complete this form and bring it along with a copy of a void cheque to your nearest AMA Insurance centre. Any account with a bank, trust company or credit union in Alberta that has chequing privileges is eligible for the monthly withdrawal payment option. Banking regulations do not allow us to accept line of credit cheques for monthly payments. Withdrawals will be made on the same day each month based on the date you have selected.
You can also mail the form and void cheque to:
Alberta Motor Association
Box 8180, Station South
|Automatic Monthly Withdrawal|
Things You Might Want to Know About
Automatic Monthly Withdrawal
- A $25 service fee will be charged for payments not honoured by your financial institution. Payments must be replaced promptly to avoid cancellation of your policy.
- We need one week’s notice if you want to change the bank account for your monthly payments or if you decide to discontinue this payment option.
- If changes are made to your insurance policy that will affect your premium, the amount of your monthly payments will be adjusted accordingly. You will also be provided with confirmation of your changes, the new premium and the adjusted amount of your monthly withdrawals.
Telephone / Online Banking
- You can pay your AMA Insurance premiums by calling AMA Insurance directly at 1-800-615-5897. Have your Visa or MasterCard number ready to provide payment over the phone.
- You can also pay your AMA Insurance premiums through telephone or online banking. We are usually identified as the Alberta Motor Association Insurance Company (or a slight variation of). Please contact your financial institution to find out if the Alberta Motor Association Insurance Company can be added to your list of billers or payees.
- Your AMA Insurance account number is used as your online/telephone banking number. It can be found on your billing notice and is a 7-digit number. To use your account number as your 11-digit online or telephone banking number, make sure to put four zeroes in front. For example, if your AMA Insurance account number was 1234567, you would enter 00001234567 into your bank’s online banking website.
- If you have more than one AMA Insurance policy, you will need to set up separate accounts for each policy.
- It may take up to five business days to process your payment through your bank’s telephone banking system, which could affect your obligation to meet your AMA Insurance payment due date.
You can pay your AMA Insurance premiums by visiting any AMA Insurance centre. In-centre payment options include:
- Money order
- Reward dollars (please note that these cannot be redeemed for monthly payments)